Become a native of your new hometown before your moving truck arrives. Find information about local school districts, support groups, and youth programs. Make a new friend, or a whole neighborhood of them.
Find a wealth of information on choosing your child’s new school. Tips and tools on tracking your child’s learning and encouraging school improvement from kindergarten through high school.
- Preparing for and Coping with Deployments - Get support for dealing with deployments. Learn about deployment entitlements, locating service members, and getting information for children
- Fisher House - Fisher House Foundation donates comfort homes on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers to families who need a place to stay while receiving specialized medical treatment.
- Coping with Trauma and Traumatic Events - A Department of Defense site providing quality of life information for service members and their families.
- VA and Related Benefits - Information for spouses, dependent children, and qualified dependent parents of deceased veterans and service members.
- VA Bereavement Counseling Services - Bereavement counseling for parents, spouses, and children of those who die while in the service of their country.
- Boys and Girls Club - Boys and Girls Club of America
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Volunteer work and volunteer programs with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- VA Kids -- A new web site for children that explains what VA is all about and what it does for veterans.